|Place of origin||22x20px Finland|
|Bullet diameter||6.71 mm (Script error in)|
|Neck diameter||7.41 mm (Script error in)|
|Shoulder diameter||11.53 mm (Script error in)|
|Base diameter||11.95 mm (Script error in)|
|Rim diameter||12.01 mm (Script error in)|
|Rim thickness||1.37 mm (Script error in)|
|Case length||47 mm (Script error in)|
|Primer type||Large rifle for Prototypes, small rifle since start of production|
|6.7 g (Script error gr) Scenar||939 m/s (Script error ft/s)||3,087 J (Script error ft·lbf)|
|8.0 g (Script error gr) Scenar||880 m/s (Script error ft/s)||3,086 J (Script error ft·lbf)|
|9.0 g (Script error gr) Scenar||820 m/s (Script error ft/s)||3,028 J (Script error ft·lbf)|
|Source(s): Lapua (6.5x47 Lapua)|
The cartridge has many special features including:
- The cartridge chamber dimensions are optimized for target bullets.
- High pressure level (435 MPa / 63090 psi) and optimized powder capacity enables high velocity and flat trajectory.
- Reduced barrel wear compared to 6mm Norma BR.
- The 6.5x47mm Lapua has a base diameter and overall length similar to the 7.62x51 mm, allowing it to accept the same bolt heads and fit into similar actions and magazines.
The 6.5x47mm was designed from the beginning by Lapua to optimize accuracy, barrel life, and case capacity in a 6.5mm cartridge for target shooting. It is proving superior in these attributes when compared to other 6.5mm cartridges for competition shooting.
- Zak Smith, 6.5mm Shootout: .260 Remington vs. 6.5x47 Lapua vs. 6.5 Creedmoor
- First Born: Darrell's 6.5x47mm Lapua
- Lutz Möller's 6.5x47mm Page
- Zak Smith, 6.5x47 Lapua Tactical TackDriver (6mmBR.com Gun Of The Week)
|This ammunition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|